Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It is a world issue too, you know.

On the account of Genesis, God said to Adam and Eve:


"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth." - Genesis 1:28 (English Standard Version)


Other versions read 'rule over...' What does it actually mean? To have dominion or to rule over the fishes, the birds, and every living thing that moves on the earth?


If you look up the world 'rule'  in the Webster, you read there that it is an exercise of authority or control. 'Dominion' was also defined there as supreme authority (in this context). In layman's term, we are to be stewards of God's creation, animals in particular.


I want you to click on these links below and tell me if this is what God meant when he commanded us to rule over or have dominion over them?


THIS


IS


SHOCKING


Okay, I am not asking you to sign up for the PETA campaign or anything like that, but I want you to open your eyes to reality that it IS happening. I know that there are more important issues like poverty, human rights, world peace and everything in between, but isn't this equally important as well, given the command God gave us? (yeah it is us, not Adam and Eve alone)


Personally, I want my children to see what a chinchilla is or how sleek and beautiful seals are. But I am afraid that soon, these animals along with all the others will slowly die without us even noticing it. Unless we don't see asong kalye anymore. Yet as stewards we should know what is happening to these animals that God told us to rule over. You may not be an animal lover but the Creator gave you the responsibility to take care of His creations. What will you tell God when you face Him and He starts asking where have all the bluewhales gone?


So, think about it and do your part. It's not only my world but yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment